Terms & Conditions
- We collect data so that we can provide the best service possible to you
- We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to keeping your Privacy
- We take every precaution to secure your data
- We are transparent about how we use your data
- You can access and modify most of your personal data as you need to
- You can contact us about your data at any time
The long (and more formal version) is below, we recommend you read it. Have a cup of coffee ready….
We may, from time to time, collect and hold information about our customers or prospective customers as identifiable individuals (“personal information”). All such personal information will be handled and saved according to the provisions of the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 or any successor legislation (“Privacy Act”).
2. Collection of your personal information
We may collect personal information about you from a number of sources, including directly from you, when you use our website or deal with us in-person, over the telephone or by letter or e-mail. For example, you may provide us with your personal information to enable us to provide you with information or services, respond to your enquiries, provide you with an e-receipt, or carry out a transaction that you have requested.
Personal information collected by us may include your name, title, company name, email address, telephone number, postal or physical address, product purchases and preferences, credit card details or other personal information.
There are various situations in which we may request you to provide personal information to us, including as described in our Online Sales Terms and when you:
- complete forms on our website (including surveys, search forms, competition entry forms, registration forms, and order forms)
- create, modify, or use any accounts or registered user facilities available through our website
- send messages using our website (for example, when you ask us a question).
Except for information collected automatically, we will not attempt to collect personal information about you without your knowledge. In most circumstances, you can use our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide your personal information (or if you provide incorrect personal information), we might not be able to provide you with access to certain information, products or services.
Where we collect personal information about you from a third party source, we will take reasonable steps to make you aware of such collection and to make you aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information from that third party source.
3. Automated collection from our website
When you visit our website, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies, sessions and website statistics software) to collect certain information about your visit, including:
- the internet protocol address and host name used by your computer to connect to this website
- the operating system and the browser your computer uses
- the search engine or inbound hyperlink you used to reach this website
- the date, time and duration of your visit
- the pages viewed by you
We may gather more extensive information if we are concerned, for example, about abnormal website usage patterns or website security breaches.
4. Website cookies
- personalise your visits to our website
- enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of our website
- enable you to use certain services or functionality
- evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on our website
- track website usage patterns.
Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. You may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, but you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
5. Use and disclosure
The personal information we collect in relation to our customers and prospective customers will be used to provide customer services and operate our website. We may also use personal information as described in our Online Sales Terms and to:
- respond to any questions or correspondence from you
- improve our website and any related services
- monitor the quality and standard of services provided by us
- carry out internal research and development
- provide you with information about a service that you are using (including critical updates and announcements)
- eliminate the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information
- customise this website to suit your particular preferences and interests
- where you create a message using our website (for the purpose of sending that message to us or to any other recipient specified by you), send that message
- analyse website usage, trends and statistics
- verify your identity or to provide you with a replacement password when you forget your username or password for any account you have with us
- supply you with further information concerning products and services which may be of interest to you
- carry out any other use that is authorised by you or is notified to you at the time of collection.
As part of those activities, we will store the information and may disclose it to our employees, contractors and/or related bodies corporate.
- we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions
- we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of you, us, or others
- we are required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
6. Unsubscribing to electronic messages
Where you have requested or authorised us to send you electronic messages (for example, newsletters and information concerning services which may be of interest to you) you can request us to stop sending you such messages by taking any one of the following steps:
- using the unsubscribe feature (if present) in any such message
- contacting us via email on email@example.com
Once we have received your request we will, as soon as is practicable, comply with that request.
7. Personal information about other people
8. Access and correction
Where we hold your personal information in such a way that it can readily be retrieved, you are entitled to have access to that information or to obtain our confirmation of whether we hold that information. We may require that you meet our reasonable costs of supplying this information to you. If we are unable to meet your request for access, we will let you know why.
If we refuse to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
It is important to us that your personal information held by us is accurate, complete and current. Under the Privacy Act, you have rights to request correction of your personal information. To request access to, or correction of, your personal information held by us, contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Storage and security
Where we store your personal information will depend on the nature and purpose of the information and the manner in which you supply it to us. We will collect your personal information from, and may hold such information at, Kerepehi Transport Limited, Rimu Street, Kerepehi or at our other offices and storage facilities (whether in New Zealand or overseas).
No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot warrant or guarantee the security of information transmitted from or to you. Once we have received your personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to protect that information against loss or misuse and against unauthorised access, use, modification, or disclosure.
10. Third party websites
This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of third party websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When visiting a third party websites from hyperlinks on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those website so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be collected, stored, used and distributed.
11. Privacy Officer
You may gain access to your personal information, make a complaint about breach of your privacy rights, or make enquiries about collection or use of your personal information by contacting us via email on email@example.com
12. Changes to this policy